Hidden Foxes


When the shutdowns happened, I got moving!

I bought all the seeds and dug another garden and ordered more chickens and got rabbit breeding stock and bought cold and flu meds and pain killers and all the garlic and ginger and raw honey.  We were getting as ready as we could for whatever was in store.

But there are times when we must step back and take stock of what is going on inside of ourselves.  I did all that I could to prepare for physical possibilities and in doing so kept my mind busy.  "Busy" is my way of avoiding feelings.  I am very good at avoiding my feelings.

But...I am burning out.  My fire is dying.  My passion for life is fading.  I'm overwhelmed by the smallest request from my children.  My beloved children!


This is NOT what I want.  

Yesterday, a fox came and snatched away a momma hen.  Her four chicks are safe, and I am so very glad that they are safe and old enough to manage without mom.  BUT I can not stop thinking about that poor momma hen.  She was such a good mom.  She was fierce in the protection of her chicks.  They were her everything.  She did not want to leave them but she was taken; stollen away.

I am like that hen.  I am being taken away from my life and my children and husband because of the cares of this world.  I'm being stollen little by little to where I am miles away while I'm sitting right next to them.

What does it gain us to physically prepare to survive if we lose our purpose, our fire, our families...our souls.


So, what do I do now?

Now that I have realized (one of) my problem(s), what am I going to do about it?

This whole year has been so surreal and crazy, I think that we all need to sit down, everyone of us, and figure out our next move in our lives.  Not physical move, necessarily, but mentally and within our hearts.  How are we truly doing in this chaotic times?  Give ourselves TIME to think and puzzle it out.

First, I must ask God to forgive me.  I have tried to live in my own way without his guidance.  I have been so very prideful. First, I make my heart right with my God.

We probably all spend too much time on social media.  I am going to cut back on social media and focus more on this blog and my YouTube channel.  My passion is to show and share and teach, not to waste my time doing nothing life affirming on social media.

And I'm going to take time to read my bible and to pray.  I have been so focused on what I can do, and letting God take care of the rest...but I need to focus on what God has planned for me to do!!  What I DO is NOTHING of value, if God is not directing it.

God must be first.

And with Gods help, together He and I can find all the foxes hiding in my life...in my family... that keep stealing our peace and joy and love.

Where are your foxes hiding?  I challenge you all to take this opportunity to take back your lives, take back your passion, take back your families...take it all back from the overwhelming fear of our times!

And give it all to Jesus!


Comments