Crocheted Temperature Blanket...April

April was something else!  I don't remember a year that has been so warm...and quite dry.  Let me tell you, crocheting this blanket...any blanket in warm weather is a labour of love.  It is WARM under this beautiful blanket!

It wouldn't be so bad if I would manage to crochet a row each night.  Just a few minutes under the blanket then I would have relief from the heat for another day.  The fact of the matter is...life happens.


I don't know if you noticed but this post is a few days late.  I was behind.  Behind 10 rows!!!  Eek!  Remind me to NEVER do that again.  So, the last few days I have been crocheting like a mad woman trying to get the blanket done to the end of April.  Thing is, it has been almost 30* Celsius here for the last three days.  


Did I mention it is hot under a crocheted blanket?  Well, I get to use the HOT colours, now!  I love the Orange and I don't know about you but I love the way the Red looks next to the Orange!  Mostly, I just love Orange!


This last picture is the Temperature Blanket folded into months.  Not exactly but close enough for the fluke that it was when I took it.  The colours are not exact either.  I fiddle with the pictures to get the colours closer but can't get them all correct in each picture.  The top photo is the closest.

So now we are going out for Slurpee's and a little walk.  I have four days of May to crochet tonight and the temperature is 29*.  Maybe I'll wait for tomorrow where they are saying it will be 16* with showers.  Yes...definitely going to wait till tomorrow!

Comments