The First Weeks...


health and wellness

It has been a couple of weeks since I started my new journey to health so I decided to give an update.

I’ve been thoughtful about how much I eat instead of just eating until I am done eating.  I eat until I’m not quite full., no longer hungry but not full.  This, I believe stems from my de-cluttering.  My home is no longer FULL.  I’m satisfied in the rooms that I have de-cluttered.  The room is not FULL, so maybe I do not need to eat until I am FULL.  

Satisfied is more satisfying.

Along with not eating as much, I’m drinking more water.  Not so much that I’m floating away but more than the almost none that was me in the past.  Lemon or Grapefruit or Citrus Fresh or Lime or Peppermint Essential Oils fromYoung Living are a wonderful addition to water.  Helps to drink more water when you don’t really like it that much.

I can go all day and never think about drinking water.  Then comes bedtime and water becomes the nectar of the gods!  Can’t. Get. Enough.  But that makes sleeping the whole night through almost impossible.  Sometimes, I have let myself get so dehydrated that my body feels extremely heavy.  My arms and head, my legs…it gets hard to lift them.  They are HEAVY.  

While de-cluttering my bedroom, I managed to find my Fitbit charger!  Yeah!!  So, I'm endeavouring to walk more.  10 000 steps a day is my goal but somedays I'm hardly breaking 5000.  That's okay.  I just need to be aware and take more steps when I can.

Everyday, or almost, I eat a large salad of mixed greens usually with some Chia Seeds, raisins, a bit of Shredded Cheddar, with real Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Raspberry Vinegar for the dressing.  Working in extra fibre, vitamins and minerals.   I am also drinking at least one glass of Kombucha daily for the probiotics and other loveliness it has to offer.  It is divine with a drop of Lemon Essential Oil.

This journey to health isn't about weight loss.  It about getting healthy.  That being said...

I’ve lost 10 pounds and gained almost two back. (Girl weight fluctuates.  I’m cool with that.  I don’t know what boy weight does, so don’t ask me.)  That is awesome because with all my workouts and weight lifting last year, I never lost a pound.  I never gained any weight, either, and my strength increased incredibly, which is awesome, but I do need to loose weight to see if my feet will feel better.  I never had Plantar Fasciitis until I became heavier.  Here’s hoping a few more pounds down from now my feet will be able to heal.

Next, I need to start incorporating more fermented foods into my diet.  Ultimately, I would like to eat a little something fermented with each meal.  Ferments help with digestion and fermentation actually increase the nutrients in the food being fermented.  I have my Milk Kefir Grains making Kefir for me right now.  I use milk kefir in Smoothies and other places where I can hide the taste.  I’ve tried, I just don’t like it much.  Making Fermented Salsa is on the to do list for this week, along with Fermented Radishes.  I mean, they would be on the list, if I had one written up.  


First on the to do list is to write a to do list for the week!


Comments