Poo-less

Poo-less: to no longer use shampoo (or conditioner) to wash your hair.

Over the last year I've been mostly shampoo free.  For me, I would just go a long time between washes.  It worked well for me but I really wanted to be totally free from shampoo and conditioner. 

The problem, as I have always seen it, is that I have long hair.  I mean it is long.  Really long.  I climbed into the van today and I sat on it.  Down to my tailbone.  It is also fine.  AND I have a lot of it.  A lot.  Washing and conditioning my hair is an event.  Takes about 20 minutes in the shower and about 6 hours to air dry on a warm day.

Resently, I read a post, didn't bookmark it, that said the secret to no shampoo is to leave the vinegar in your hair. 

So, armed with 2 tablespoons of baking sodain a large glass; a pitcher with 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and some free time (not really,) I gave it a try.  I also added some lavender oil in with the vinegarbecause my husband likes the smell.

I wet my hair very well and added about 1 1/2 cups of water to the baking soda and mixed well.  Then I slowly poured it over my scalp and tried to scrub it into my head.  You only need to sctub your scalp, just water will clean most everything out of the length.  I decided to just see what happened and rinsed it very well to find my hair squeaking it was so clean.

Then I filled the pitcher the rest of the way with water and dipped the length of my hair into it for about 30 seconds.  I then slowly poured the vinegar water over my scalp.  I DID NOT rinse the vinegar out.
(I was afraid, I'll tell ya.  Afraid to try, because I didn't want it not to work.  I wanted it to work but didn't think it would work for my hair.)

Are you ready for my verdict?


It's fan-tas-tic!  I'd even say it's better than shampoo and conditioner.  I am shocked actually.  This is so much cheaper, faster and easier, with my long hair, than regular washing.  I can't even believe I can brush it without conditioner but it is easier to brush through than before.   AND shiny!  Silky and shiny.  Even a day later it is still soft.

So if you are on the fence like I was, jump over to my side and enjoy more freedom from cemicals.

Comments

  1. Hmm, must try this... I'm nearly out of shampoo, so it's a great time to start, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment